Arnold Clark Glasgow is looking for a Mechanic.
As a mechanic, you’ll safely prepare our customers’ cars for the road ahead. You’ll care about every detail and take pride in doing a meticulous job. Above all, you’ll want to be part of a capable, motivated team who feels the same way. You’ll get the chance to work on an incredible range of manufacturers and models, developing your skills and staying up to date with the very latest in-vehicle technology.
- Carrying out servicing, repairs and maintenance to high standards.
- Inspecting vehicle engines and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately, using computer-based diagnostic equipment.
- Repairing or replacing broken or defective parts and resolving defects.
- Carrying out DVSA vehicle testing (if authorised).
- Road testing vehicles to check repairs.
- Maintaining equipment and make sure tools are in good condition.
- Following checklists to ensure all procedures are completed.
- Completing all documentation to the required standard.
- A certificate in Light Vehicle Maintenance Level 3 and solid work experience in the automotive industry.
- The ability to work in a competent and efficient manner on your own or as part of a busy team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- The ability to carry out work to high standards and to deadlines.
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- The ability to accurately follow written and spoken instructions.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Starting from 33 days of annual leave.
- Flexible hours.
- Toolbox cover.
- Training provided to become an EV Accredited Technician.
- Generous employee discounts.
- Opportunities to review salary twice per year.
- Private health care and sick pay cover.
- Maternity and paternity packages.