Rybrook Stratford MINI is looking for an Aftersales Parts Advisor Apprentice.
We are currently recruiting for an Aftersales Customer Service (Parts Advisor) Trainee. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with one of the world's most prestigious and technologically advanced car manufacturers.
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI Parts Department. Parts Advisor specific duties include:
- Interaction with both Trade and Retail customers – you will be working with customers on a daily basis, both over the phone and face-to-face, to provide them with information and to sell them parts and accessories.
- Stock – this includes stock control and checks, as well as being responsible for ordering parts stock to be delivered at required times.
- Computer Systems – you will work on specialised computer systems, including computerised stock management systems and parts identification programmes.
- Vehicle Service / Sales support – you will support other Departments within the BMW Retailer, including workshop staff, to ensure they function effectively.
All Aftersales Customer Service (Parts Advisor) Trainees attend the BMW Group Academy UK in Berkshire for their off-the-job training. The apprenticeship will have a strong focus on the retail environment and the high customer service expectations of BMW & MINI customers, as well as Service Advisor specific training. The training takes place over a 12 month period at the BMW Group Academy and has been designed to suit both Parts and Service Advisor roles.
During the time spent at your BMW Retailer, a mentor will be allocated to oversee the work-based learning programme. A BMW representative will also visit on a 12-weekly basis to set performance targets and ensure any development needs are being met.
Successful applicants must demonstrate the following:
- An enthusiasm for excellent customer service.
- An interest in the automotive industry.
- To have good communication and organisational skills.
- To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn.
- To have a positive attitude and work ethic, with a high level of professionalism to represent the BMW/MINI brand.
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy parts department, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually.
Applicants are required to have or are predicted to obtain, GCSE Grade A*-C / 9 - 4 / or Functional Skills Level 2 (or equivalent) in the following subjects:
- One other subject
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be a qualified Parts Advisor. You will also gain a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner. Following this, there are various opportunities for progression within the Retailer.
Things to consider:
Successful applicants must be prepared to travel to the BMW Group Academy in Berkshire to complete their apprenticeship training. Training is completed in one-week blocks approximately once every two months as well as virtual classroom training online.
All training costs are covered by the BMW Retailer (travel, accommodation and food).
About the employer:
All Light Vehicle Technician, Aftersales Customer Service (Parts & Service) and Motorcycle Technician Apprentices will be employed at their local BMW Retailer, and will attend the BMW Group Academy for their training. The BMW Group Academy is based at Wokefield Park near Reading in Berkshire. All Bodyshop Technician (Paint & Panel) Apprentices will be employed at their local BMW Retailer or Bodyshop, and will attend our body training facility for their training. The body training facility is located in Milton Keynes.
While the programme will focus around customer service skills, also embedded within the seven weeks training will include the current certification training courses for the Parts Advisor role. Additional technical and product awareness training will also be included.
Qualifications to be achieved:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- Parts Advisor Certification
- ERR (Employee Rights & Responsibilities) Workbook
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BMW Group Academy.