The Arden Group at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells are looking for a Group Assistant Accountant.
Reporting to the Group Accountant, you will be expected to work from both our Retail Centres to ensure the efficient daily running of the accounts and administration departments.
The requirements of the role would entail:
• Assisting with the management accounts for both sites, including journals, prepayments, accruals and asset register
• Assisting with the quarterly VAT returns and monthly business surveys
• Assisting with processing the monthly payroll
• Liaising with the Group Accounts and Admin Manager to ensure the seamless running of the accounts and admin departments
• Ensuring that all the accounts and admin deadlines are met
• Adhering to all internal and external compliance.
• Proficient use of the Dealer Manager Systems at both sites along with excellent IT skills.
This exciting role is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to progress their career within a prestigious brand. As such we are looking for someone who can demonstrate a willingness to learn and take on whatever training necessary in order to fulfil the requirements of the role with a view to working towards accountancy duties and responsibilities.
You will have proven experience within an accounts department within a supervisory position and ideally with knowledge of the automotive industry. We also expect you to have excellent organisational skills and be able to handle conflicting demands, whilst being able to identify priorities in a highly pressured environment, along with maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Your hard work will be rewarded with the following:
• Company Car
• Company Pension
• Benenden Health Care
• Annual holiday of 22 days per annum increasing to 25 with continued service, plus bank holidays.
• Access to training courses at the BMW Training Academy