Sytner Warwick is looking for a Aftersales Service Advisor Apprentice.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with one of the world's most prestigious and technologically advanced car manufacturers. There are very few Customer Service Apprenticeships in the motor industry and the BMW programme is regarded as being the leader in delivering the ultimate customer experience.
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI Service Department. Your role will be focused on dealing with customers, who have high expectations and a varied range of needs and demands. As a result, you need to have exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to build rapport, as well as a desire to provide the highest level of customer service. This combined with excellent organisational and communication skills will enable you to deliver outstanding customer service, representing the high standards and reputation of the BMW/MINI brand.
Service Advisor specific duties include:
- Working face-to-face with customers within the Retailer
- Handling calls to the Retailer, including booking and scheduling vehicle services and repairs
- Estimating time and costs associated with vehicle services and repairs
- Handling and responding to customer complaints
- Being involved with interpreting initial customer concerns and liaising with the vehicle technicians
- Liaising with customers and keeping them updated of any additional work that may be required
- Tracking customer vehicles through the workshop during service and repair
- Advising customers on how to solve problems with their vehicles
All Aftersales Customer Service (Service Advisor) Trainees attend the BMW Group Academy UK in Berkshire for their off-the-job training. The apprenticeship will have a strong focus on the retail environment and the high customer service expectations of BMW & MINI customers, as well as Service Advisor specific training. The training takes place over a 12 month period at the BMW Group Academy and has been designed to suit both Parts and Service Advisor roles. During the time spent at your BMW Retailer, a mentor will be allocated to oversee the work-based learning programme. A BMW representative will also visit on a 12 weekly basis to set performance targets and ensure any development needs are being met.
- Full training will be provided
Successful applicants must demonstrate the following:
- An enthusiasm for excellent customer service
- An interest in the automotive industry
- To have good communication and organisational skills
- To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn
- To have a positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism to represent the BMW/MINI brand
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy service department, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSE Grade A*-C / 9-4 or Functional Skills Level 2 (or equivalent) in the following subjects:
- One other subject
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be a qualified Service Advisor. You will also gain a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner. Following this, there are various opportunities for progression within the Retailer.
Things to consider
Successful applicants must be prepared to travel to the BMW Group Academy in Berkshire to complete their apprenticeship training. Training is completed in one-week blocks approximately once every two months. All training costs are covered by the BMW Retailer (travel, accommodation and food).
About the employer
All Light Vehicle Technician, Aftersales Customer Service (Parts & Service) and Motorcycle Technician Apprentices will be employed at their local BMW Retailer, and will attend the BMW Group Academy for their training. The BMW Group Academy is based at Wokefield Park near Reading in Berkshire. All Bodyshop Technician (Paint & Panel) Apprentices will be employed at their local BMW Retailer or Bodyshop, and will attend our body training facility for their training. The body training facility is located in Milton Keynes.
While the programme will focus around customer service skills, also embedded within the seven weeks training will include the current certification training courses for the Service Advisor role. Additional technical and product awareness training will also be included.
Qualifications to be achieved:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- Service Advisor Certification
- ERR (Employee Rights & Responsibilities) Workbook