Arden Tunbridge Wells is looking for a Motorcycle Apprentice.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with one of the world's most prestigious and technologically advanced car and motorcycle manufacturers.
You will be working daily in a busy BMW Motorrad workshop environment alongside a Mentor to:
- Repair engines using the latest BMW diagnostic equipment
- Repair chassis systems using the latest BMW diagnostic equipment
- Understand how to maintain and repair motorcycles to the high standards of the BMW brand
All BMW Motorcycle Technician Apprentices attend the BMW Group Academy UK in Berkshire for their off-the-job training. This ensures consistent training throughout the country and allows our apprentices to train on up-to-the-minute products and technology.
The course is unique to BMW with special emphasis on electronics and cutting edge technology; your training will include the opportunity to work with the latest motorcycles, engines and BMW diagnostic equipment, ultimately leading to the ability to undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on motorcycles to the highest standards once fully qualified.
During the time spent at your BMW Centre, a mentor will be allocated to oversee the work-based learning programme. A BMW representative will also visit on a 12 weekly basis to set performance targets and ensure any development needs are being met.
- To have good manual dexterity
- Full training will be provided
Successful applicants must demonstrate the following:
- A keen interest and enthusiasm for motorcycles and the industry as a whole
- To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn
- A positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy workshop environment, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSE Grade A*-C / 9-4 or Functional Skills Level 2 (or equivalent) in the following subjects:
- ICT (or one other subject if candidate did not take ICT)
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will become a qualified Motorcycle Technician.
Qualifications to be achieved:
- IMIAL Level 3 Standard in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- BMW Certification
About the employer
All Motor Vehicle Technician, Aftersales Customer Service (Parts & Service) and Motorcycle Technician Apprentices will be employed at their local BMW Retailer, and will attend the BMW Group Academy for their training. The BMW Group Academy is based at Wokefield Park near Reading in Berkshire. All Bodyshop Technician (Paint & Panel) Apprentices will be employed at their local BMW Retailer or Bodyshop, and will attend our body training facility for their training. The body training facility is located in Milton Keynes.
BMW Group Academy