Dick Lovett Swindon is looking for a Deputy Accountant.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Deputy Accountant to join our Accounts team at Dick Lovett BMW & MINI Swindon. This role would suit an ambitious individual, looking to aspire to a Dealership Accountant.
As a Deputy Accountant you’ll assist the Dealership Accountant in the financial management and control of our busy BMW and MINI dealerships. You’ll already produce accounts to trial balance level including completing accruals and prepayments, vehicle balance sheet nominal ledger reconciliations and ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are fully supported and queries are cleared in a timely manner. You should have a solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and experience with account reconciliation presentation.
You'll also provide accounting assistance to the Dealership Accounts team on a daily basis such as purchase, sales ledger and cashbook posting, as well as the review of profit & loss items and liaising with the dealerships on any queries. You will also be responsible for the control of vehicle debtors and creditors including Finance commission and manufacturer bonus reconciliations, completing month-end reports for vehicles and assisting the Accountant, ensuring excellent internal controls are in place and the dealerships comply with the Group audit requirements.
- Experience in accounts in the automotive sector is preferential
- Experience of using Keyloop/CDK/Kerridge would be beneficial
- Candidates without automotive industry experience must have a minimum of AAT Level 4 accountancy qualification.
- 25 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Regular Pay Reviews
- Life Assurance
- Servicing, Parts and Accessories Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Learning and Development
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Volunteering Opportunities