Dick Lovett Melksham is looking for a Workshop Controller.
BMW Melksham is looking to appoint an organised, enthusiastic, Workshop Controller to lead our team of Technicians in our brand-new facility.
Reporting to the Aftersales Manager, the main job function consists of:
- Demonstrating excellent leadership and communication skills
- Mentoring and developing our team of Technicians to ensure they are meeting all aspects of the BMW certification programme and their own personal development.
- Responsibility for the quality of Technician output, ensuring we are maximising productivity, efficiencies and profitability.
- Carry out monthly performance reviews providing feedback and support.
- Managing and delegating the workload ensuring efficient running of the workshop.
- Providing clear lines of communication between workshop and service advisors to ensure our customers’ expectations are prioritised.
- Ensuring all aspects of Health and Safety are maintained in the Workshop.
- Ensuring our workshop facilities and standards are maintained.
The individual should be proactive, process driven and committed to meet the high quality of work expected from our customers and brand, whilst managing a busy professional team. The successful candidate will have the ability to quickly prioritise and make decisions employing their excellent communication skills, in both verbal and written communication.
The ideal candidate will need to have a proven track record in running an efficient workshop environment as a Workshop Controller. Whilst this is preferred it is not essential, as we would also consider applications from experienced technicians who have demonstrated strong supervisory skills in their previous role and are looking to make the next step in their career.
We need someone with the ability to work in a high-pressure environment who has fantastic leadership skills that can drive the team forward to success. You should strive for operational excellence and have a strategic mindset, whilst ensuring that the customer always comes first.
The quality of work delivered is of paramount importance and you will be responsible for ensuring that there is a first-time fix for every repair.
- A generous holiday allowance (25 days holiday plus 8 days Bank Holiday)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare (after the qualifying period)
- You will also receive excellent training and development from BMW and our Group staff