Halliwell Jones Warrington is looking for a Wheel Technician who specialises a focus on powder coating.
This is an entry-level position, and no prior experience is necessary. As a Wheel Technician, you will receive comprehensive training to inspect, repair, refurbish, and powder coat a variety of wheels for automotive vehicles. This is a great opportunity to learn valuable skills in wheel maintenance and powder coating techniques.
- Wheel Inspection: Learn to carefully examine wheels for damage, such as cracks, dents, corrosion, or other defects, under the guidance of experienced technicians.
- Repair and Refurbishment: Assist in the repair and refurbishment of wheels using established techniques while ensuring structural integrity is not compromised and wheels are in balance.
- Powder Coating: Receive training in the application of powder coating materials to wheels, including cleaning, sandblasting, and masking techniques, to achieve a consistent and high-quality finish.
- Colour Matching: Learn to analyse colour samples and work closely with experienced technicians to accurately match desired finishes.
- Quality Control: Assist in conducting inspections to ensure finished wheels meet quality standards, including proper coating thickness, even finish, and colour accuracy.
- Equipment Maintenance: Learn to perform routine maintenance and cleaning of powder coating and other equipment used under the guidance of experienced technicians.
- Documentation and Inventory Management: Gain experience in maintaining accurate records of all wheels processed, including repair details, powder coating specifications, and inventory management of coating materials.
- Customer Service: Interact with customers in a professional and friendly manner, under the supervision of experienced technicians, addressing their concerns and providing clear explanations of repair and powder coating processes.
- Safety and Compliance: Follow all safety guidelines and protocols, including proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials, while adhering to relevant environmental regulations and industry standards.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and work effectively in a team environment.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Flexibility to work extended hours or weekends as necessary.
If you are passionate about the automotive industry, eager to learn, and have a strong work ethic, we encourage you to apply for this entry-level Wheel Technician position. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in wheel repair and powder coating, with comprehensive training provided.
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays AND your birthday off!
- 2 company cars per employee; a brand new BMW or MINI
- Family-run business and friendly culture
- Specialist training with BMW UK
- BMW accreditation
- Ongoing development and achievable career path
- State of the art facility and working environment
- Life Assurance Scheme