Sandal Wakefield is looking for a Panel Beater.
This vacancy provides an ideal opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic personality, who has an eye for detail to join a fast moving professional team dedicated to customer service.
You will be responsible for maintaining the required standard of your work to ensure vehicles are completed to agreed timescales and in line with customer requirements.
The importance of this role is paramount to Sandal, as being one of the largest privately owned BMW Centres in the area, our aim is to deliver a premium service.
Our success is driven by the skill and potential of our team which is why we recognise and reward your hard work, loyalty and achievements with excellent benefits, training and career development opportunities.
The responsibilities include:
- Structural Panel Replacement: Conducting thorough assessments of BMW and MINI vehicles to identify damaged or deteriorated structural panels. Replace damaged panels using manufacturer-approved methods and guidelines to restore the vehicle's structural integrity. Ensure precise alignment, fitment, and welding for reliable repairs.
- Panel Repair: Utilise expert panel repair techniques to restore damaged body panels, including realignment, dent removal, and filler application. Employ manual and mechanical methods, including air-powered tools, welding machines, sanders, and grinders, to achieve superior results.
- Bodywork Restoration: Repair and reshape damaged body panels such as wings, doors, roofs, quarter panels, and bonnets using appropriate tools and techniques. Strive to achieve seamless integration with surrounding panels, ensuring an excellent finish.
- A confident, qualified Panel Beater, having had extensive experience within the retail motor industry at dealership level / UK Bodyshop
- An expert in structural panel replacement, having a strong understanding of manufacturer-approved methods and guidelines
- Proficient in using specialised tools and panel repair and dent removal
- Knowledgeable of vehicle bodywork, including metalworking, welding, and repair techniques
- A good communicator with excellent attention to detail, have the ability to plan ahead, and work collaboratively with other team members.
A full driving licence is also an essential requirement. A professional certification or qualification in panel beating or automotive body repair is preferred. Previous MET experience would also be an advantage.
If you feel you fit the above profile, please apply below with a full CV indicating current salary expectations and notice period.
- Top rates of pay,
- 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), which increases with your length of service, up to 26 days
- Having an extra paid day off for your birthday
- A pension scheme
- Access to a car benefit scheme
- Annual health screening
As a Panel Beater, you will be expected to attend regular BMW training sessions to ensure that you remain up to date with the latest technology and achieve high levels of customer satisfaction at all times. As you would expect with a position of this importance the training will surpass that of most other manufacturers.